Most people I meet, want to look there best most days, and weddings everyone wants to look there best!
I always think its important to still “look yourself” by this I mean, your partner fell in love with you for the way you look and are, so if you have a makeup artist, have a session before the day so your happy with what they can do for you.
The other big thing is be happy, this may sound silly but you meet a lot of people who are so concious of themselves or if it will rain etc, Just enjoy the day, certain things are of your control!
It doesn't hurt to practise a few poses yourselves if you want certain posed photos, how to hold your flowers etc, I prefer personally to take more natural shots, put people in a nice location, and get them to relax with each other, or just take them as there talking to guests etc. I think we all have a photo of ourselves that someones taken where we were caught unawares, and there the ones that look the best!
Don't always look at the camera, work with the photographer, and he/she will tell you where to look or guide you.
Its flattering for ladies if you dont stand square on to the camera, by this I mean, if you face your body about 30 degrees away from the camera then turn your face to the camera, its more flattering, as it gives the picture a bit more of an impact, it will show your bust of more and elongate your neck and helps you look thinner, heres an interesting article I found from about.com
* The secret is in the pose. (That, and the fact that they starve themselves a week before events and get sprayed by professional tanning people and wear gut-sucking Spandex and …). Back to the pose. Here we share five secrets to appearing 10 pounds thinner in photos. You can practice these tips in front of a mirror, but we suggest locking your door first so as not to be caught appearing vain.
* Secret No. 1: Turn partially sideways to the camera, planting one foot in front of the other. Point your toe to the camera and place your weight on your back foot.
* Secret No. 2: Pull head forward slightly to minimize any appearance of a double chin.
* Secret No. 3: Hold arms slightly away from your body. This keeps upper arm flab from flattening out and therefore appearing flabbier (much like thighs do when one sits on a couch).
* Secret No. 4: Pull shoulders back, chest forward and gently suck stomach in. Be careful not to suck stomach so far in that your ribs show, thereby causing those who later see the photo to cluck to themselves in a bemused, sing-song voice, “She’s sucking i-in.”
* Secret No. 5: If you can get away with it without looking like a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover Girl wannabe, try the look away trick. To do this, look away from the camera, then turn towards it, breaking into a smile just before the camera clicks. Your smile will appear fresh, not frozen. This trick takes practice behind closed, locked doors.
* When taking a photo it’s also important the photographer does not snap the picture from below. This adds another 20-50 pounds to the 10 pounds automatically and annoying added by the camera. Find out why cameras add 10 pounds in this article by Geek Sugar.
* More tips on looking 10 pounds thinner in photos:
* Use objects you are holding to your advantage by placing them in front of parts of you you’d prefer to hide. A purse or corsage in front of your belly. A jacket slung over the shoulder. (Gwyneth Paltrow used a perfectly placed purse to hide her baby bump before she announced her pregnancy with Apple).
* Check out Spanx hosiery. The very modern version of the corset, Spanx are famous for making women all over the world appear 10 pounds thinner. I own four pairs. (Don’t invest in the panty hose, like most hose, they tend to tear and these are pricey).
* Fake tans will make you look and feel skinnier. Unfortunately, they tend to reek, except for GlowFusion, a spray tanner I swear is not odorous.
* It’s not just black that makes you look thinner. Wearing an entire outfit of just one color will do the trick as well, whether it be white, beige, brown, blue or red. One color tends to elongate your figure. Avoid entire outfits in pink, however, unless you are four years old or younger.